Assistant Director of Development — Temporary Contract
Jesuit Refugee Service/USA is a Roman Catholic agency, sponsored by the Society of Jesus (the “Jesuits”), whose mission is to accompany, serve and advocate for the right of refugees and the forcibly displaced. JRS/USA is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Development to support our active Development program. This is a fixed-term, part-time, contract position from October 17, 2016 through June 30, 2017. There may be an opportunity to extend the position.
Working 24 hours per week, the Assistant Director is responsible for managing key components of the Development program, including oversight and management of work with finance team, coordination of Board of Directors cultivation and stewardship activities, and support for gift processing and direct mail operations.
The Assistant Director will work closely with colleagues as part of a comprehensive Development team of 4, under the supervision of the Acting Development Director or Development Director. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and dedicated individual to have a significant impact on JRS/USA and those we serve by leveraging an already growing individual giving program. From December 2016-March 2017 the Development Director will be on leave, and the Assistant Director will be expected to support general functions of the development program under the supervision of the Acting Development Director.
Objectives & Responsibilities
• Work closely with Finance office to ensure accurate reporting of Development figures, including monthly income reconciliation, net fund assets, internationally restricted gifts, and the successful completion of the annual audit
• Review and Submit Foundation and Donor Proposals and Reports prepared by the Programs Department
• Manage stewardship work of the Board of Directors including thank you and renewal calls to donors
• Provide support for gift processing, including the creation of gift batches and hand signing acknowledgement letters.
• Manage quarterly direct mail solicitations
• Manage applications and requirements for special giving programs
• Oversee stewardship activities for specific groups of donors at the turn of the year
Educational and Professional Experience:
• Five+ years of experience in development
• Experience using donor database software required (experience with eTapestry is preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Event planning experience preferred
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel required
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple responsibilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Ability to manage time effectively and set priorities
• Ability to take initiative, function independently and exercise good judgment
• Excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrated interest in JRS/USA’s mission of accompanying, serving and advocating for the rights of refugees and internally displaced people.
• Familiarity with the Society of Jesus a plus
• Occasional travel may be required
How to Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary history and requirements to Clare Bonsignore. Please Use “Assistant Director of Development” in the subject line of email correspondence. No phone calls, please.
JRS/USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job. Finalist(s) for the position will be subject to a pre-employment background screening as a condition of employment.
Unsolicitated inquiries will not be acknowledged.