Please read the rules we applied for the management of personal data in accordance with the provisions of articles 12 and 13 of the European regulation 679/2016 (“GDPR “) and in compliance with the measure of the Guarantor for the Protection of Personal Data No 229 of 8 May 2014.
Data Privacy Statement
In order to be able to allow access to the pages contained on the website jrsusa.org, we invite you to review the rules we have applied for the management of personal data.
This statement is made only for the above domain and not for other websites that the user may consult through links to other domains.
Therefore, as a result of the consultation of this site, data relating to identified or identifiable persons may be processed for which it is informed that:
Type Of Data Processed
The computer systems and software procedures that operate this website acquire, during their normal exercise, some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of the Internet communication protocols.
In this category of data are the IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by the users who connect to the site, the addresses in the Uniform resource Identifier (URI) notation of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used when submitting the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (good end, error, etc.) and other parameters related to the operating system and the user’s computing environment.
This data is used only for the purpose of deriving anonymous statistical information on the use of the site and for checking its correct functioning and is deleted immediately after processing. The data could be used for the assessment of liability in case of hypothetical cyber crimes against the site.
Data Voluntarily Provided By The User
The optional, explicit and voluntary sending of e-mail to the addresses indicated on this site involves the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s address, necessary to answer the requests, as well as any other personal data included in the missive.
Purposes Of The Processing
Your personal data that may be required for the use of certain services on the jrsusa.org will be processed for the following purposes:
- Management of donations to the Jesuit Refugee Service/USA (donations)
- Management of applications sent to Jesuit Refugee Service (area works with us)
- Management of Jesuit Refugee Service newsletter subscriptions (contact area)
- Management of requests for further information or questions (contact area)
Methods Of Data Processing And Conservation
Your data will be processed both by computerized and paper based support, for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which the same is collected, observing the rules regarding the protection of personal data, including those relating data security, in order to avoid data’s loss, illegal or not prospered uses and not authorized accesses.
Categories Of Parties To Whom Personal Data Will Be Disclosed
Data provided by you will not be communicated to external parties, except for the candidatures and donations data, which may be communicated to subjects appointed by Jesuit Refugee Service/USA, such as External Data Processors for purposes strictly related to the execution and management of services related to the management of applications and to the making of donations.
There is also the obligation of Jesuit Refugee Service/USA to release information to the Judicial Authority, whenever required.
Rights Of Data Subjects
We remind you that you have the right at any time to obtain confirmation of the existence or not of the same data and to know its contents and origin, to verify the accuracy or to ask for its integration or updating, or the rectification (article 12 of the regulation).
In particular you have the right to obtain the indication about:
- Personal data’s origin
- Processing’s purposes and terms
- Logic applied in case of processing carried out with electronic instruments
- Identification details of controller, the processors and the representative designated pursuant to article 5, paragraph 2 of regulation
- Persons or categories of persons to whom personal data may be communicated or which may become acquainted with them as a representative designated in the territory of the State, processors or controllers
You also have the right to obtain:
- The updating, the rectification or, when you have interest, the integration of the data
- The deletion, the anonymous transformation or the blocking of the data processed in violation of the law, including those which are not necessary to the retention in relation to the purposes for which the data were collected or subsequently processed
- The attestation that the actions referred to in (a) and (b)) have been brought to the knowledge, even with regard to their content, of those to whom the data have been communicated or circulated, except the case in which such fulfillment is impossible or involves a use of means manifestly disproportionate to the protected right
Mandatory Or Optional Nature Of Data’s Providing
Your personal data is necessary for the execution of the services offered by jrsusa.org website.
Therefore, failure to consent to the processing of the same could lead to the impossibility of Jesuit Refugee Service/USA to provide the services that you have requested.
We specify that the optional, explicit, and voluntary sending of e-mail messages to the addresses indicated on this site involves the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s address, necessary to answer to requests, as well as any other personal data included in the communication.
Definitions, Characteristics And Application Of The Legislation
Cookies are small text files that the sites visited by the user send and register on their computer or mobile device, to be retransmitted to the same sites at the next visit.
Thanks to cookies, a site remembers the user’s actions and preferences (such as login data, the chosen language, font sizes, other display settings, etc.) so that they do not need to be re-indicated when the user returns to visit this site or navigate from one page to another of it.
Cookies, therefore, are used to perform computer authentication, session monitoring, and storage of information regarding the activities of users who access a site and may also contain a unique identifier that allows keeping track of the user’s navigation within the site for statistical or advertising purposes.
During the navigation on a site, the user may receive on his computer or mobile device also cookies of sites or web servers other than the one he is visiting (so-called “third party” cookies).
There are various types of cookies, depending on their characteristics and functions, and these can remain in the user’s computer or mobile device for different periods of time: so-called session cookies, which is automatically deleted when the browser closes; so-called persistent cookies, which remain on the user’s equipment up to a fixed deadline.
In other words, these are the cookies that are indispensable to the operation of the site or necessary to perform tasks required by the user.
Among the technical cookies, which do not require an express consent for their use, the Guarantor for the protection of personal data in Italy (see Provision “Identification of the simplified modalities for the information and the acquisition of the consent for the use of the cookies” of May 8, 2014, hereinafter only “Provision”) also includes:
- The “navigation or session cookies” (to authenticate)
- The “analytics cookies” where used directly by the site manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site
- The “feature cookies”, which allow the user to navigate according to a set of selected criteria (for example, the language, the selected products for the purchase) in order to improve the service
For the “profiling cookies “, vice versa, i.e. those designed to create user profiles and used in order to send advertisements in line with the preferences expressed by the same in the context of the network browsing, is required a prior consent of the user.
Which Cookies We Use
No personal data about users is acquired by the site.
The Jesuit Refugee Service/USA uses a third party, Pardot, to help us with the management of your experience and our website analytics. Cookies may be deleted after your session.
Check Settings And Disabling Of Cookies
Here are the links that explain the steps to follow to configure the most used browser settings: