Make a Commitment to #Do1Thing in 2019
03 January 2019
A new year has begun and with it a new opportunity to welcome, protect, promote, and integrate refugees and migrants. While you make your new year’s resolutions, we’re asking you to seize this opportunity and to make a resolution to #Do1Thing.
Click here to make a commitment to do one thing for refugees and migrants.
At JRS/USA, we think that no matter where you live there are ways that you can respond to today’s refugee crisis. Doing just one thing – advocating, volunteering, sharing, participating – in your community can help refugees and migrants.
Our supporters have already started to make their commitments – Maria D. committed to “advocate by writing to elected officials, purchase refugee made items, and continue to pray for displaced people” while Joyce D. is committed to “online campaigning” this year.
So, what’s one thing you can commit to do this year?
- Write: Share your voice with policy makers by writing and sending a letter to your elected official telling them you support refugees.
- Create awareness: Host an event in your community with a speaker or experience to help create awareness about the plight of refugees around the world.
- Advocate: Join JRS/USA in Washington, DC for our 2019 Advocacy Day.
- Organize: Start a JRS Refugee Action team at your school, parish, or community.
- Experience: Use JRS/USA’s Walk a Mile in My Shoes Refugee Simulation and provide your community with an opportunity to pause and learn about the experience, the frustrations, disappointments and hopes that refugees around the world face.
- Fundraise: Gather your local community or parish and raise funds for refugees around the world. Click here to contact the JRS/USA development team to get started.
- Share: Did you commit to do one thing last year? tell us about it! share on social media using #Do1Thing.