Walk with Us
Join our 40-day challenge to walk in solidarity with refugees
Join JRS/USA in raising awareness for and expressing solidarity with refugees by participating in this 40-day challenge to reach 40 miles.
Walk, run, cycle, or move in the way that works for you to reach 40 miles by November 14 – JRS Day and JRS’s 40th Anniversary!
As we continue to social distance and limit our travel, this 40-day challenge to reach 40 miles will assist JRS in raising awareness for refugees and of our work to accompany, serve, and advocate on behalf of refugees and forcibly displaced persons. During the challenge we’ll bring the stories of refugees to your inbox and ask that you walk with them as you physically walk 40 miles in solidarity. Then, share your experience with your network and community.
How does this work?
- Register by October 6, 2020. Each registrant will receive a tote bag from Mikono Refugee Craft Shop. Suggested donation for registration is $40. Let us know if you are unable to pay the registration fee.
- Each week, you will receive an email from JRS with a featured story or action as well as a reminder to log your miles using this Google form.
- We encourage you to share the stories and actions in our weekly email using social media. Tag JRS in your photos and use the hashtag #40Miles4Refugees.
- Consider making this a spiritual journey as well by offering a minute of prayer each day for refugees and forcibly displaced people. You can find JRS prayer resources here.
- When you reach 40 miles, before or by November 14, we will send you a token of recognition for your achievement.
- Have fun! Make this a team effort and encourage your friends to join the journey.
Every refugee has their story, yet so often they are not given the space to share their story. Help amplify their stories by taking the #40Miles4Refugees challenge.
Please contact email@example.com with any and all questions.
Looking for support to register for the challenge? Click here for a link to share with sponsors.