Miles 4 Refugees
15 October 2021 at 12:00am
The challenge starts on October 15th, 2021.
Join JRS/USA in raising awareness for and expressing solidarity with refugees by participating in this 30-day challenge to reach 50 miles. Walk, run, cycle, or move in the way that works for you to reach 50 miles by November 14 – JRS Day and JRS’s 41stAnniversary!
Registration NOW OPEN! Use this fundraising packet to start promoting your own fundraising page.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What platform are you using for this challenge? JRS/USA is using Charity Footprints, a virtual race platform for non-profits.
- Can I start a team? Yes, through the registration page users have the ability to create a team, invite other users, and manage a team page.
- How can I track my fitness? You can track your workouts by setting up your devices (Fitbit, Garmin, Apple Watch, Google Fit, Misfit, Strava), or download the Charity Footprints’ iOS or Android app and track your workouts toward our campaign.
- Can I create my own fundraising page? Once you register to participate within Charity Footprints, you will be sent a link to your fundraising page.
- Where does the money go? A goal of $41 for your personal fundraiser could equip children with school supplies for a year or provide transportation for women to safely attend job training, you could make a lasting impact. With the funds you raise, JRS will be able to continue working side by side with refugees, providing them with essential services to help them heal, learn, and determine their own future. JRS will be able to send more children to school, help refugees build their job skills, and provide psychosocial support to families.
- Can I raise more than the recommended $41? Yes, and it is always encouraged. You can adjust your fundraising goal within your own fundraising page during your account creation, and you can make it as high as you’d like. The minimum fundraising goal, as per Charity Footprint’s rules, is $25.