Jobs & Volunteering
Learn about opportunities to join our team
Supervisor: Director of Communications
JRS/USA seeks an energetic, self-starter as a Web and Marketing Coordinator to support our growing network of digital supporters. Reporting to the Director of Communications, this full-time position of Web and Marketing Coordinator will ensure JRS/USA maintains and grows its strong digital audience – including donors and advocates – through the maintenance and improvement of the JRS/USA website, analytics, and the creation and execution of digital marketing strategies for growth.
Maintain JRS/USA Website and Digital properties:
- Post stories or content for all departments.
- Update web pages and code where issues arise or with new information.
- Problem solve issues with other JRS/USA digital and social properties.
- Fix website issues as they arise.
- Support, where appropriate, JRS global properties.
Drive JRS/USA Communications Analytics:
- Report regularly using Google Analytics and other data sources.
- Work with Data Operations Officer to manage data across JRS sources, and use data to understand performance of content, campaigns, or initiatives.
- Build system for tracking audience reach (e.g. use of UTM codes)
- Tag and track news stories and media mentions.
Enhance Digital User Experience:
- Utilize lessons from metrics to drive more impactful and targeted engagement.
- Provide other technical digital support to other departments (e.g. Development & Fundraising).
Grow Digital Audience:
- Build and drive SEO strategy, support content development with SEO additions (e.g. meta-descriptions, key words) and manage SEO consultant and maintenance of Google Grant and help build AdWord campaigns.
- Manage social media advertisements (e.g. Facebook Ads Manager) and support Communications Director in Digital advertising strategy.
Support other JRS/USA Communications needs as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Communications, Marketing, or related area of study
- Minimum of 2years of experience working in communications, digital marketing, or web strategy or development.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with WordPress (or other website backends) and tools to enhance digital presence including SEO/SEM and social media management and advertising a plus.
- Experience with CRM or other data management systems.
- Work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives and exploring new strategies and technologies in the field of communications.
Please submit resume and cover letter through indeed.com. No phone calls, please.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Staff Accountant is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. The Staff Accountant provides accounting and finance support with a specific focus on ensuring timely and effective processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit card reconciliation, bank reconciliation, and other day-to-day accounting and finance activities.
- Review and process check requests and invoices for timely payment.
- Review the accuracy and completeness of accounting codes and backup documents.
- Process employee expense reimbursements and work closely with staff to make sure the accounting codes are accurate, and the backup documents are complete.
- Generate monthly and other recurring invoices.
- Assist with monitoring and processing of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Assist with monthly corporate credit card and bank reconciliations.
- Process weekly cash and check deposits in close collaboration with JRS/USA Development Team.
- Assist in monthly and year-end closing processes including preparation of journal entries.
- Assist with annual audits and with the preparation of annual tax return (Form 990) and Form 1099.
- Maintain and manage accounting and finance files and archives, according to retention policy.
- Assist with balance sheet and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist with system automation to ensure finance processes are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Act as primary contact for vendor relationships.
- Participate in regular team meetings.
- Participate in other projects, assignments, and administrative tasks, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and a minimum of 1-2 years of experience.
- Knowledge of accounting standards for U.S. non-profit organizations is preferred but not required.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and other accounting and finance systems experience is preferred.
- Sharp analytic, organizational, high attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
To apply, please submit applications through indeed.com. No phone calls, please.
JRS/USA seeks an experienced and organized volunteer to assist JRS/USA in its outreach to Jesuit parishes in the United States. Reporting to the Outreach Officer, this part-time volunteer will help identify contacts at Jesuit parishes, kick-start institutional relationships, and assist in the dissemination of resources and materials to Jesuit parishes across the US.
Flexible hours; 10 – 15 hours per week from April 2021 – November 2021.
- Help manage relationships with US Jesuit parishes.
- Assist in the ongoing dissemination of current JRS materials to parish contacts.
- Support other JRS/USA Outreach needs, as necessary.
- Experience in the field of social justice, community/parish organizing or advocacy.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Data entry, Microsoft Office suite, and PowerPoint skills.
To apply, submit your resume to Josh Utter, Outreach Officer at email@example.com.
We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply to all open positions.
JRS/USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, JRS/USA does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applicants from a diverse spectrum of qualified candidates.