Jobs & Volunteering
Learn about opportunities to join our team
Unless indicated, all positions are located in our Washington, DC office.
JRS/USA seeks an energetic, self-starter as a Communications Coordinator to develop and execute innovative communications strategies, with a focus on digital platforms. Reporting to the Director of Communications, this full-time position of Communications Coordinator will ensure JRS/USA is communicating effectively to our key audiences and stakeholders – including donors, advocates, and the Jesuit network – through support to overall JRS communications and marketing and the timely production of digital strategies, campaigns, and content.
- Play a key role in developing and executing JRS/USA’s digital strategy, with a focus on social media.
- Grow JRS/USA’s digital audience by executing highly innovative campaigns and mechanisms.
- Generate online content (web stories, videos, social media) that engages JRS/USA’s key audience and leads to measurable action.
- Build relationships with JRS/USA partners and stakeholders to share digital content and enhance JRS/USA brand.
- Work closely with JRS’s international team to create materials and grow collective online presence.
- Support positioning Executive Director as leader and expert by creating content for and helping to manage her social media engagement.
- Use tools to monitor and evaluate JRS/USA’s digital communications strategy performance (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Monitor for online news and “noise” about JRS/USA and refugee issues, making colleagues aware of any breaking news, and tailoring online content to capture momentum.
- Identify, manage, and collaborate with vendors and consultants on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in other aspects of the implementation of JRS/USA’s overall communications strategy as needed (e.g. event support, media relations, publications)
- Bachelor’s in advertising, communications, marketing, public/media relations, or related area of study.
- 2+ years of experience working in communications, digital marketing, or public relations.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with WordPress (or other website backends) and tools to enhance digital presence including SEO/SEM and social media management and advertising a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign, and Spark) or other design software strongly preferred.
- Experience in or a strong desire to learn video production, editing, and use of video for social media.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives and exploring new strategies and technologies in the field of communications.
- A positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter through indeed.com by April 12, 2020.
Job Type: Full-time
JRS/USA seeks an energetic student to join its communications team this Summer to help us tell the
story of Refugees around the world as the Communications Intern. Reporting to the Director of
Communications, the Communications intern will assist in developing materials for executing innovative
digital and print communications strategies.
- Research, gather source material, and write stories for JRS/USA website
- Assist in the organizing of visual assets (photos, videos) in JRS digital asset manager
- Help develop content for donors, advocates, and JRS supporters
- Develop visual content for social media (video, social media cards)
- Support other social media needs where necessary
- Monitor news on refugee issues
- Major in communications, marketing, journalism, English, or related field preferred
- Interest in refugee issues
- Experience with or interest in digital communications
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite desired
- Experience using social media platforms
- Ability to work flexibly
- Good sense of humor
How to Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter on indeed.com.
Working closely with the Director of Advocacy & Operations and the Outreach & Advocacy Coordinator, the Outreach & Advocacy intern will help advance JRS/USA’s mission through writing, editing and
research as it relates to JRS/USA’s advocacy and outreach efforts, as well as by taking on administrative
tasks. Expected time commitment is 16-20 hours per week.
- Support implementation of a national strategy to recruit, educate and mobilize volunteers in
support of JRS’s mission, with a particular focus on Jesuit institutions
- Support JRS/USA communication efforts by developing outreach-related content for email, social media, the JRS/USA website, and print publications
- Help draft and update outreach, program, and advocacy materials
- Assist with the development and dissemination of action alerts on issues aligned with JRS/USA’s advocacy agenda
- Represent JRS/USA at advocacy-related meetings and events and help staff JRS/USA events, as necessary
- Assist with data entry and other administrative tasks
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in international relations, public policy or
other relevant field
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Data entry, Microsoft Office suite, PowerPoint, and social
To apply please submit your application on www.indeed.com.
Deadline to apply is March 25.