Jobs & Volunteering
Learn about opportunities to join our team
Supervisor: Director of Communications
JRS/USA seeks an energetic, self-starter as a Web and Marketing Coordinator to support our growing network of digital supporters. Reporting to the Director of Communications, this full-time position of Web and Marketing Coordinator will ensure JRS/USA maintains and grows its strong digital audience – including donors and advocates – through the maintenance and improvement of the JRS/USA website, analytics, and the creation and execution of digital marketing strategies for growth.
Maintain JRS/USA Website and Digital properties:
- Post stories or content for all departments.
- Update web pages and code where issues arise or with new information.
- Problem solve issues with other JRS/USA digital and social properties.
- Fix website issues as they arise.
- Support, where appropriate, JRS global properties.
Drive JRS/USA Communications Analytics:
- Report regularly using Google Analytics and other data sources.
- Work with Data Operations Officer to manage data across JRS sources, and use data to understand performance of content, campaigns, or initiatives.
- Build system for tracking audience reach (e.g. use of UTM codes)
- Tag and track news stories and media mentions.
Enhance Digital User Experience:
- Utilize lessons from metrics to drive more impactful and targeted engagement.
- Provide other technical digital support to other departments (e.g. Development & Fundraising).
Grow Digital Audience:
- Build and drive SEO strategy, support content development with SEO additions (e.g. meta-descriptions, key words) and manage SEO consultant and maintenance of Google Grant and help build AdWord campaigns.
- Manage social media advertisements (e.g. Facebook Ads Manager) and support Communications Director in Digital advertising strategy.
Support other JRS/USA Communications needs as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Communications, Marketing, or related area of study
- Minimum of 2years of experience working in communications, digital marketing, or web strategy or development.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with WordPress (or other website backends) and tools to enhance digital presence including SEO/SEM and social media management and advertising a plus.
- Experience with CRM or other data management systems.
- Work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives and exploring new strategies and technologies in the field of communications.
Please submit resume and cover letter through indeed.com by February 5th, 2021. No phone calls, please.
Supervisor: JRS/USA MHPSS Technical Specialist
Estimated Travel: The position requires 20% – 30% travel to JRS locations at region, country and project level.
Jesuit Refugee Service/USA is seeking an experienced, dynamic MHPSS Officer to help champion and implement JRS’s global MHPSS Strategy for 2020-2023. As a member of the Programs Department, the MHPSS Officer will work in close collaboration with JRS’s MHPSS Technical Specialist to assist JRS globally to develop and strengthen standalone MHPSS programs and MHPSS considerations into other core priority areas. He/she will represent, elevate and advocate JRS’s MHPSS programming and strategy with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Support needs assessments, project design, implementation, development of tools, and evaluation of JRS MHPSS activities and programs
- Deliver and/or organize training workshops, to build the capacity of JRS staff and members of refugee and host communities to facilitate MHPSS programming that aligns with JRS’s strategy and best practices.
- Collaborate with international Program Officers, Technical Specialists from other sectors, and other JRS/USA and International Office departments to support standalone and integrated MHPSS programming
- Serve as a global focal point for guidance, learning, and sharing on MHPSS interventions and approaches for JRS staff at regional, country, and project levels
- Increase awareness on MHPSS and JRS’s strategic approach within JRS and amongst its partners and other relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of JRS’s internal online repository of MHPSS content and resources and support the implementation of JRS’s MHPSS Community of Practice
- Conduct field-site visits for the purpose of training, monitoring, assessing, and supporting regional, country, and project teams to ensure they have the resources and capacity to align MHPSS activities with best practices
- Support the development of communication with internal and external audiences about the MHPSS strategy and global programming, in coordination with the Communications Department
- Assist in securing funding for MHPSS activities by seeking out funding opportunities and supporting proposal development, in coordination with the Development team and other relevant departments
- Stay up to date on MHPSS and humanitarian best practices and promote communication with other relevant partners and actors by attending coordination meetings
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the MHPSS Technical Supervisor
- Advanced degree in psychology, social work or relevant field required with minimum of 2 – 3 years of relevant experience. Additional degrees/certification in mental health in humanitarian settings a plus;
- Relevant field experience in humanitarian settings, preferably within the context of mental health and psychosocial support programming;
- Previous experience or demonstrated interest in humanitarian assistance or international development is required;
- Experience in program development, relationship management, capacity building, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Willing and able to travel internationally to insecure or unstable environments with austere lodging conditions
- Demonstrated ability to work in limited resource settings and adapt to dynamic and changing work environments;
- Awareness and knowledge of other sectors, including education and protection, a plus;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently;
- Strong analytical, strategic-thinking and planning capabilities;
- Ability to innovate in a changing environment and promote creativity within the organization;
- Understanding of and commitment to humanitarian relief work and international humanitarian standards;
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal English, a second language (French or Spanish) is desirable;
- Advanced computer proficiencies in MS Office packages.
To apply, please send resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Staff Accountant is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. The Staff Accountant provides accounting and finance support with a specific focus on ensuring timely and effective processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit card reconciliation, bank reconciliation, and other day-to-day accounting and finance activities.
- Review and process check requests and invoices for timely payment.
- Review the accuracy and completeness of accounting codes and backup documents.
- Process employee expense reimbursements and work closely with staff to make sure the accounting codes are accurate, and the backup documents are complete.
- Generate monthly and other recurring invoices.
- Assist with monitoring and processing of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Assist with monthly corporate credit card and bank reconciliations.
- Process weekly cash and check deposits in close collaboration with JRS/USA Development Team.
- Assist in monthly and year-end closing processes including preparation of journal entries.
- Assist with annual audits and with the preparation of annual tax return (Form 990) and Form 1099.
- Maintain and manage accounting and finance files and archives, according to retention policy.
- Assist with balance sheet and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist with system automation to ensure finance processes are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Act as primary contact for vendor relationships.
- Participate in regular team meetings.
- Participate in other projects, assignments, and administrative tasks, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and a minimum of 1-2 years of experience.
- Knowledge of accounting standards for U.S. non-profit organizations is preferred but not required.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and other accounting and finance systems experience is preferred.
- Sharp analytic, organizational, high attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
To apply, please submit applications through indeed.com. No phone calls, please.
We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply to all open positions.
JRS/USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, JRS/USA does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applicants from a diverse spectrum of qualified candidates.