One Humanity – Two Countries
23 October 2019 at 7:00pm
St. Joseph Parish, 732 18th Ave. E Seattle, WA 98112
St. Joseph Parish is celebrating 30 years of a sister parish relationship with San Bartolomé in Arcatao, El Salvador. Fr. Miguel Vasquez, SJ, pastor of San Bartolomé, will share his perspective of witnessing the impact of 30 years of migration on communities in El Salvador. Fr. Vasquez’s presentation will be followed by a Q&A panel of advocates and experts.
Come learn about the humanity behind the headlines, and the ways communities in El Salvador are creating hope with bold initiatives for social change.
Presenters & Panelists:
- Father Miguel Vasquez, SJ, Pastor of San Bartolomé, Arcatao, El Salvador
- Ms. Marina Ortiz, Salvadoran Human Rights Leader
- Meghan Kelly-Stallings, Seattle Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs, Coordinator, New Citizens Program
- Josh Utter, Outreach and Advocacy Coordinator, Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
- Michael Ramos, Executive Director, Church Council of Seattle (Facilitator)